About the client
Industry: Capital firm
Product: Solar electricity systems
Company Size: Large company (US$ 25 billion)
Location: South Africa
- The client and their co-investors wanted to invest a US company whose operation center and supply chain is based in China;
- Lacking of experience in technical due diligence on solar electricity system company, the client reached out for assistance;
- Without sufficient data or deep insights into the target company’s capabilities on product development, operations, manufacturing, quality control and supply chain management, the client faced a lot of risks investing the company;
- The client had reached out to other consulting firms to no avail due to capability and/or cost problems.
How we helped
- Delivered a comprehensive proposal, demonstrating the scope of work, checklist, tasks, deliveables, methodology, approaches, and more;
- Proposed a due diligence plan and detailed checklist;
- Reviewed and aligned with the client on risks identification on key areas;
- Organized the technical due diligence project kick-off meeting, with the client and the company who were potentially invested attending;
- Defined the requirements, processes, communication channel, roles and responsibilities, and more on the meeting;
- Did individual and group interviews at the potentially invested company and its suppliers’ employees;
- Verified the spreadsheets, charts, presentations, emails, records;
- Walked through the target company’s offices and its suppliers’ factories from incoming to outgoing to review the infrastructure including people, processes and systems;
- Had 6 project meetings to review, verify and validate all data sources and the accuracy and feedback;
- Identified all major and minor risks and provided insights and recommendations;
- Clarified client’s concerns and questions before making the investment decision.
- Delivered a 105-page comprehensive Technical Due Diligence and Red Flag report, which included the Executive Summary, Top 5 Pros and Cons, SWOT analysis, Detailed Finding in product development, operations, manufacturing, quality control, supply chain and Proposal and Recommendations of investment;
- Customer invested the target company after our suggestion.
More customer stories
Supply Chain Management
Insight Solutions Global helped to improve the overall supply chain performance via reducing lead time, saving about $145,000 packaging costs, and building good supplier relationships.
Supplier Quality Management
Insight Solutions Global helped resolved the gap issue, drove the communication efficiency, guided the supplier to set up measurement system, and finally increased the yield rate to 99.48%.
Product Cost Reduction
By making the most out of the identified cost reduction opportunities, the client saved $857,635 in 3 years, earned the competitive edge on the market, and gained bargaining power in the supply chain.