About the client
Industry: Capital firm
Product: Solar electricity systems
Company Size: Large company (US$ 25 billion)
Location: South Africa
- The client and their co-investors wanted to invest a US company whose operation center and supply chain is based in China;
- Lacking of experience in technical due diligence on solar electricity system company, the client reached out for assistance;
- Without sufficient data or deep insights into the target company’s capabilities on product development, operations, manufacturing, quality control and supply chain management, the client faced a lot of risks investing the company;
- The client had reached out to other consulting firms to no avail due to capability and/or cost problems.
How we helped
- Delivered a comprehensive proposal, demonstrating the scope of work, checklist, tasks, deliveables, methodology, approaches, and more;
- Proposed a due diligence plan and detailed checklist;
- Reviewed and aligned with the client on risks identification on key areas;
- Organized the technical due diligence project kick-off meeting, with the client and the company who were potentially invested attending;
- Defined the requirements, processes, communication channel, roles and responsibilities, and more on the meeting;
- Did individual and group interviews at the potentially invested company and its suppliers’ employees;
- Verified the spreadsheets, charts, presentations, emails, records;
- Walked through the target company’s offices and its suppliers’ factories from incoming to outgoing to review the infrastructure including people, processes and systems;
- Had 6 project meetings to review, verify and validate all data sources and the accuracy and feedback;
- Identified all major and minor risks and provided insights and recommendations;
- Clarified client’s concerns and questions before making the investment decision.
- Delivered a 105-page comprehensive Technical Due Diligence and Red Flag report, which included the Executive Summary, Top 5 Pros and Cons, SWOT analysis, Detailed Finding in product development, operations, manufacturing, quality control, supply chain and Proposal and Recommendations of investment;
- Customer invested the target company after our suggestion.